UVa-Wise is offering Student Organization Success workshops for student organization leaders on campus.
This program is being offered through The Office of Student Leadership in an effort to help student leaders learn how to manage a campus organization while learning and understanding the basics of leadership.
Multiple workshops will be offered throughout the fall and spring semesters on different topics that discuss how to have successful student organizations.
The workshops will have different presenters, including UVa-Wise faculty and students, as well as professional speakers who are knowledgeable in the field of organizational success and leadership.
Each workshop fosters different learning outcomes. These workshops hope to assist student leaders with the following areas:
- Build awareness of resources available to student organizations
- Foster collaboration and communication between organizations
- Develop and utilize effective organizational sustainability
- Identify key strategies and skills to lead organizations more effectively
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of key policies, practices, and procedures
- Learn the basics of event planning and promotion on campus
- Develop new strategies for recruiting new members
Dates for the Fall semester are:
Sept. 6 at 1 p.m. in the Rhododendron Room (Fundraising Workshop with Development)
Oct. 25 at 1 p.m. in the Rhododendron Room (Recruitment Workshop with Admissions)
Nov. 15 at 1 p.m. in the Rhododendron Room (Event Planning Workshop with Chris Davis)
No pre-registration is necessary.